Saturday 13 June 2009

A enquire done on font designs in march


Lapbet-is what i named this one!!!

Firstly when I experienced type to make, the whole idea is to be readable with the same letters in the days of metal. This awakened in me the urge to develop the best possible legibility. At this time soon came when text were no longer sent in metal types but by means of digital (beam of light). My task of adapting the typeface technique would be my best days in college. Technological progress is rapid, its difficult to gather too many information’s, from all these experiences the most important thing i have learned legibility and beauty of letter form stand close together. Generally I could say that it should be only felt but not perceived by the reader.
In the course of my professional practice I have been acquiring knowledge and manual skills, which in-depth I understand, I would pass on what i had learned and achieved to the next generation became necessity.





As I am very observant & flinging with sketches and making use of it & the urge of creating a typeface, I got this idea when I saw a sunshine, firstly in edinburgh...the window shade giving a space for a light to enter-where in my fidling fingers awaiting for action to take place...!
This is the result i bought inn 'Finbet'.




No comments: